Monday, July 30, 2012

Back from vacation

I am home from a crazy and exciting couple of weeks away. I flew out to Utah for a couple of family reunions (one in Idaho, one in Utah), then drove back across the country with my mom, got home just in time to do my laundry and repack, then flew to DC the next day. Back-to-back trips are exhausting, but I had a great time. The not-so-great part is that I did gain about five pounds over the course of those two weeks, but that was to be expected. Now it's really time to get serious again and lose the weight I gained, and then just keep going from there.

It was a lot of fun and see people I haven't seen in a while (both at the family reunions and in DC). It was also quite energizing to hear the comments and compliments face-to-face from people who care about me and are as pleased with my progress so far as I am. I feel encouraged and motivated to get back on track and push forward, and that is just what I needed.

One week from today I will have access to the gym again. I'm looking forward to getting back into strength training and cardio workouts. It will be interesting to see how much I have regressed during the three months I have not done much resistance training to speak of. I think before these last two weeks that would have been a depressing and discouraging thought, but now I'm just excited to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment