Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's a start

In the month of April I lost seven pounds, which is pretty good considering I wasn't that great about my diet, nor did I exercise like I should have. I can do better, not necessarily in losing more weight, but in making healthier choices and developing patterns that will help me continue to lose weight and then keep it off. But like I said, it's a start - and we all have to start somewhere. So my goals for the next week are to exercise at least three days, eat healthier meals (especially more veggies), and cut out the unhealthy snacks.

In other news, I'm finished with another semester of school. I feel like my finals went pretty well. Grades will be up Monday or Tuesday, so we'll see! I'll be finishing up a project this summer and taking an online class, then I'll have two semesters left until I graduate. It's exciting, but also a little unreal. This has been such a long time coming.


2 comments:

  1. As odd as it sounds, once I started eating veggies with dinner every night, I actually started to crave them. Mmm broccoli and brussels sprouts.

    7 pounds in one month is effing fantastic! None of this "it's a start" crap. If you kept that pace, you'd lose 56 MORE pounds before the end of the year, which would give you a total of 73 pounds lost if you include April. That's crazy.

    So really, if dieting gets too hard or you push yourself too hard, just scale back to what you did in April (since you seem to think you slacked a bit) and you'll still be golden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know that 7 pounds in a month is great. The problem is that I can't maintain that unless I start making healthier choices. I ate junk last month (just not as much of it as before), wasn't consistent with meals, didn't exercise - so yes I did lose 7 pounds, and that's a great start, but I also need to make healthy choices part of my lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete