Sunday, May 20, 2012

Another week slipped by

So, I have let yet another week slip by me. I did make a decision about what I'll do for the summer for resistance training, but I didn't follow through with it yet, and now I'm having second thoughts about spending the money on it. I probably don't have the money for it now anyway. It's not so bad, as long as I keep doing -something- on my own. A few basic strength training exercises at home, plus cardio five or six days a week for the summer would be fine. Then I can start up at the rec center again in the Fall.

On Monday I had to make an emergency dentist visit. I got a temporary filling, and tomorrow I'm supposed to get foundation work done for crowns, but I might have to reschedule because I'm sick. I'm going to have to have two crowns - there goes all the money I had managed to save, and then some. That was supposed to go toward tuition in the Fall. I'm just hoping at this point that I don't have to have a root canal too. We're doing a wait and see game for that. I won't know for sure until the visit after

Oh right, I've been sick all week with a nasty head cold, which doesn't help anything. I really need to just push through and make myself get moving again. I know I won't be able to go full speed ahead until I'm well, but I'm not sick enough that I can't do anything at all. So I'm going to start small again. I'll take a leisurely walk this evening after I do the watering (newly planted grass and a vegetable garden). Tomorrow I'll walk a little harder, either faster or father or both, and progressively work my way back up to where I should be. I need to start blogging more often too. Maybe then I'll have more incentive to actually follow through with my exercise plan so I'll have something positive to write about!


No comments:

Post a Comment