Monday, April 16, 2012

In a slump

Last week I didn't make it to the gym. I just had too much to do and not enough time to do it all, so of course I wasted my time doing things I didn't need to do instead of going to the gym or getting started on Math Software labs or other homework that is due later this week or next week. Fun times. Did I mention I am the master of procrastination? I would feel much better and less stressed if I managed my time better and paced myself with homework, and especially if I exercised more faithfully, but I'm not there yet. I can acknowledge this as a problem, so that's a start.

I haven't been as good about my diet the last couple of weeks, so between that and my minimal exercise my progress has slowed. I feel like I'm almost at the point I was just over two years ago when I gave up on healthy nutrition after losing 20-25 pounds. I'm not giving up this time. I am determined to make it, to develop healthy habits to last a lifetime, to look and feel better, and especially to treat my body better over all. I'm just in a bit of a slump right now, but I know I can pull myself out of it and get back on track.

You'll notice I haven't been as good about blogging either. It's so much easier to blog when I have something positive to write about, but I think it's just as important to keep some kind of record of the down times so I'll be able to look back on them and remember what I learned.

2 comments:

  1. I decided to keep blogging after Jason's diagnosis for the same reason, to keep record and to have something to look back on later and remember what I learned ;) Oh, I was wondering if you could share some healthy recipes you've found when you have time. Thanks for the update. Hope you feel less stressed this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! For the most part I focus more on balance and portions, and throw things together to meet my daily goals, but I have found a few good recipes too, so I'll pull something together to put up here.

      Delete