Monday, April 2, 2012

It's Spring!

It has felt like spring here in Indiana for almost a month now. It looks like late spring outside, vibrant and green, and last week all the trees were in bloom. Today was yet another gorgeous day. Sunny and sixties, just the perfect weather. I absolutely love this time of year!

I had a great workout at the gym today. I walked a 16:33 mile, which is my fastest pace to date, and I didn't really feel like I was pushing myself as hard as I could have. It was my warm up before lifting, so I didn't want to push myself too much. I have been steadily increasing my pace on the treadmill. It's harder to gauge my pace when walking outside (which I also did today), especially when I forget to use the stopwatch on my phone, or walk a route I didn't map out, or various other circumstances. I'm really tempted to buy a piece of equipment to track my pace and distance, but I really don't have the money for more gadgets right now.

I've been thinking more about starting a section on my blog for workout tips and tidbits. I'm going to start putting a few things together as I have time, then I'll post it here to see what you all think.

Question of the day: Because yesterday was April Fool's Day, what was your all-time favorite April Fool's joke (either made by you or played on you)?
I've never done any particularly impressive April Fool's jokes, but one of my favorites was the year my brother Paul was born. He was born on March 30, and I waited to tell my classmates until April 1st. They were all positive that I was trying to fool them, which was, of course, the reason I waited to tell them until then!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great mile! Awesome April Fool's joke! My nephew shares your brother's birthday!

    ReplyDelete