Saturday, April 7, 2012

Minor setback

Somehow I strained or pulled a muscle in my leg the other day. I first noticed there was a problem as I was heading to bed, but I have no idea what I did to hurt myself. I ended up missing a workout because of it, but sometimes that's the best thing for your body - have to give it time to rest and recuperate.

I'm getting excited about the semester being over. Maybe a little too excited. I need to get my head back in the game for these last three weeks of class and then finals. No counting chickens before they hatch and all that. But still, just four weeks! I am so ready for this semester to be over. Of course, I have another four or more semesters after this one, but I'll have the summer to recharge - I really need it!

I switched my weigh-in day to Saturdays, so this morning I weighed myself. I am down less than half a pound since last Saturday, but I'm okay with that. I'm just glad it was that direction instead of a gain for the week. It was a stressful week, and for most of it I either wasn't feeling well or was recovering from my mystery injury, so my diet and exercise were not the greatest. I'm already feeling better now, and I'm sure I'll do better in the coming week.


Looking forward to Easter with the family tomorrow, but not so much the temptations that come along with it in the form of rich foods and desserts and candy.



Question of the day: What's your favorite (or most tempting) treat at family gatherings? 
Mine is pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas, and anything chocolate at Easter. Right is a picture of LIBBY'S® Famous Pumpkin Pie from verybestbaking.com - pretty much just like the pie my mom makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment