Saturday, March 24, 2012

Great day!

Happy weekend everyone! I had a great day today. I slept better last night than I have in a while. I felt good this morning when I got up. I had a fun afternoon with my niece and nephews. And finally, I had an amazing workout. I worked hard and felt great, and now I feel rejuvenated. I really needed that after the way I felt most of the week.

Exercise is good for you, and it generally makes you happier and relieves stress. So why is it so hard to get out there and do it? Of course, one reason for me is that I'm lazy - or at least I try to minimize the amount of work I have to do. It's going to take time for me to build up exercise habits, and even longer for exercise to come more easily for me I imagine. But it's definitely worth the work. Already I'm feeling much stronger, I have more energy, and I'm able to walk faster. I don't have adequate data to say whether I'm losing more fat now than I was before I started resistance training, but I know that the weight I'm losing now is predominantly fat. I invested in a body fat monitor so I could track my body fat percentage - I only wish I had it sooner for a comparison between my weight loss with and without exercise.

Question of the day: This is a bit different from the usual questions - What content would you most like to see added to my blog?
I have been planning on posting before and after pictures, just haven't gotten to it yet, but that's definitely on my list of things to add. I'm also looking at organizing a section of diet and exercise tips, things that I have learned from my research and put into practice, during this 30-day challenge and before. What would you find most interesting or helpful?

3 comments:

  1. Poll widgets are always fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm a new follower--I found you through the Blog List at Runs for Cookies.

    First of all, you are a resistance inspiration! I have a real problem with resistance training (well, a motivation problem with it), so reading your posts have been very inspiring.

    I would love to see the before and after pictures...and the tips sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Motivation is a problem for me too. It took committing to participate in regular resistance training for a class assignment to get me started. It's still a struggle to make myself go to the gym, but it's so worth the effort.

      Delete