Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweet!

It's funny how when I'm consciously eating healthy and balanced meals there are days when I have a hard time coming up with enough calories. Today was one of those days. How did I resolve the issue this time? Ice cream. One half-cup serving of strawberry ice cream left over from my nephew's birthday dinner. It is delicious. I think I enjoy it more now than I would have in the past. Since staring my diet back in January, I rarely have desserts, but I don't deny myself completely. I think that's one key for me to succeed. I don't feel deprived, because I'm eating food that is healthy, but that I also enjoy. And on occasion, that includes a treat or dessert. And I know it's working because I have lost 25 pounds so far (as of my weigh-in this morning).

Question of the day: When you're in the mood for a treat, what do you usually go for?
I enjoy a lot of different things, but most often it's something chocolate.

10 comments:

  1. You know me... Ice cream! Way to go on 25 pounds! I'll bet it shows too! Take pics along the way so you can see your progression. It's hard to notice when you see yourself every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to start taking pictures.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have a weakness for brownies. I cannot bake a pan of brownies, because I know I won't be able to eat just one.

      Delete
  3. Awesome blossom!!! Way to go Nancy! I am sooooo proud of my little - now littler and healthier sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is always a favorite among my mom and me! That's awesome on your weight loss Nancy!! It's great when your a food lover and you can reward yourself with a delicious treat! I don't know what kind of diet you are on but something to look into is Weight Watchers. My mom and I do it off and on and it works great. There are no restrictions on what to eat or when to eat, but it teaches how to watch what you eat. By eating in moderation you don't have to deprive yourself of your favorite treats. You starting learning what is healthy for your body and eating more of those foods so at the end of the day or week you can treat yourself to something a little less healthy without suffering from guilt or the consequences. Just a thought! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie!
      I haven't tried Weight Watchers, but right now tracking nutrition with help from tools at SparkPeople is working great for me. I'm a numbers person, so keeping track of calories and the various nutrients is more appealing to me than the Weight Watchers point system since I have more information and more control this way.

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I'm glad your diet is working out great for you so far. Keep up the great work and i would suggest checking out www.choosemyplate.gov. It is the governments newest replacement for the food pyramid and good be used as a great tool and research source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark! I heard there was something new available, but hadn't gotten around to looking at it yet. I will have to do that.

      Delete