Thursday, March 1, 2012

Good Cardio Day

Today was a little gloomy, especially after what a glorious day we had here in Muncie yesterday. But it wasn't all bad. It was cool, but not too cold, so it felt great to get out and do some fitness walking. I got a decent walk in after classes, and felt invigorated by the time I got home.

I did a bit more research yesterday and today about weightlifting form and technique. My second workout is tomorrow, and I look forward to applying some of the tips I read today. One thing I know I need to work on is keeping a more steady pace from beginning to end of each repetition. Another is engaging my abs more consistently for most exercises. Resistance training takes so much more focus and concentration than I expected.

Tuesday as I was getting ready to go to the rec center, I realized I don't have any good workout music. My task for tonight is to load up my mp3 player with up-beat, high energy songs. Or maybe I'll find a book to listen to while I work out.

Question of the day: What motivates you to exercise?

3 comments:

  1. I definitely recommend the music over a book for working out, but that's just me.

    Seeing as I don't actually work out...I'm having trouble with the motivation part too. I have noticed, though, that losing weight itself was much more motivating than I thought I would be. Even if the difference is slight, make sure you tell yourself how awesome you are every time you improve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating fudge motivates me to work out....or to at least think about it. Sometimes when I see my wedding photos, I feel motivated. But then again, sometimes when I see my kids, I think, you were both worth the 12 lbs (each).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is really that motivating to me, but I do LOVE the soreness afterward. There is a difference between the I did it wrong hurt and the I worked hard and I'm awesome soreness.

    ReplyDelete